Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Fierce Wind Blew Into Windward Hills Today


I went outside today after the rain and looked at my neighbor's yard. The wind broke off this palm tree. The ironic thing is we went out for dinner last night and my neighbor was talking about possibly getting rid of the palm trees. This wasn't in the plans though. I knew the wind was blowing but it certainly didn't seem that strong.



I was watching an episode of Color Splash Miami last night that I had recorded. I couldn't believe it when I saw this American Indian design wall hanging.
An identical wall hanging hung in my sons room over 30 years ago. My youngest son purchased it and it was a big investment for a teenager. To see it on TV 30 years later was quite an eerie experience. I don't know whether he still has it.

Strange things have been happening lately. Yesterday was also the day many of us around the country and world had trouble accessing the Internet.

I hope I don't wake up to snow tomorrow!

3 comments:

Eva said...

... we have to be careful what to demand from the universe, it may grant us many wishes -- like a quick removal of a palm tree.

Eva said...

p.s. but you know why the internet was difficult to access?

Mary said...

Fortunately, it looks like the tree fell in such a way that it did not damage the utilities box. It could have been much worse!