Saturday, November 13, 2010

Nice Vest


This is my new hand knit vest. Some of you may have seen it before as it was knit by the famous knitter, Melody Johnson.
She has been knitting up a storm and bequeathing her projects to others.



I fell in love with this when I saw it on her blog. I was hoping she would be posting the pattern on her blog as she does for so many things she knits.
Even better than a pattern, this vest was up for adoption and I was the early bird and now own it.
http://fibermania.blogspot.com/

It is a perfect fit on me and goes with the new clothes I bought after I sold much of my wardrobe on eBay.

I also have been doing a little knitting in my spare time. A wonderful new yarn store opened just a few miles from me. I visited it last Saturday and came home with yarn for two new projects.


This is a simple shrug knit with bulky weight yarn. I am squeezing in a few rows of knitting between the Christmas decorating. It will be done when it is done and I have no idea when that will be!

The colors of this quilt puzzle relate to the shrug I am knitting.
Click to Mix and Solve

1 comment:

Eva said...

Love this piece and the way to close it! The (bone?) pin has something primitive/ethnic, whereas the vest is so elegant. What a great combination.