Thursday, July 15, 2010

Who Likes To Go To the Dentist? Raise Your Hand

Can you see me? I am holding up my hand. I'll tell you why if you continue reading this post.
I looked forward to going to the dentist yesterday.



As I walked into the office I was greeted by these 3 big smiles. I always enjoy seeing each of them.


This is my dentist. He is getting ready to do a CEREC crown on one of my teeth.



This is a 3 dimensional view taken with a special camera on the computer screen. Now he will use his skill to build a crown that will fit in my mouth.



This is the almost completed image ready to be made into a cap.



My crown is being made in this top machine in 8 minutes.



While my crown was being created my friend Char who I had not seen in a long long time came in from a different operatory and we each got our calendars out and made a dinner date for next week.


I heard the word PERFECT when it came out of the machine. It fit perfectly between my other two teeth. Within minutes it was cemented in my mouth and I was on my way home with a brand new crown in less than an hour.

No temporary, no wait for 2 weeks to see if it fit and possibly had to be made again.


As I started to leave I met two more of my smiling favorite people who work there.



I always stop in the front office to see two more of my favorite people. Look at those big smiles.


I like to think my dentist inherited some of his artistic skill required to make a perfectly fitting crown on the computer from me.


The rest of the office staff are no relation, just the best office staff in an dental office anywhere.

2 comments:

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

This is a first for me! You really had fun!!! Is that possible????

Amazing what they can do now in a short period of time and the equipment they have to do it. A whole new world from when we were young and even getting a shot before drilling was excruciating pain.

Suzanne said...

OMG! I can't believe I found another soul who likes going to the dentist! Most people I know fear and avoid them as much as they could. I thought I'm the only person who enjoys seeing the dentists, Laurel, MD dental clinics.

Whenever I visit, the staff never fail to greet me with their warmest smiles. I am so proud that the Laurel, MD dentists provide their residents with exceptional service.

We are both lucky, Kay. We get to enjoy our dental visits! Ha! Ha!