Monday, June 28, 2010

They Can't Take That Away From Me - COLOR

This blog is about quilts and also about COLOR.
I'd like to share a few of the ways I put colors together. I use similar principles when quilting and decorating.


I put together a new grouping of my gazing balls on the deck. The two smaller gold balls are the accent color. I chose it to emphasize the gold in the larger ball.



I purchased both of these glass pieces from the same artist. I had intended to use them each in a different place, but they worked so much better together. The grouping was complete when I found this clay piece.



When I found this painting I knew it was the right piece for this spot. It has so many colors it is the type of art you can use almost anywhere. I don't choose my art "to match the sofa". The lamp spoke to me immediately when I saw it and it said "I want to come home with you". The plant is lucky bamboo that I got from my family at least 10 years ago. It grew to at least twice the size it is now before I trimmed it to a more manageable size. The black iron piece completes this group and grounds it.



I love each one of these pieces as an individual item. I have used the lamp and the bear in other places in the house. When I found the piece that is hanging on the wall I knew these were destined to be be displayed together.

I am happiest when I am surrounded with beautiful colorful things. These are a few of the things that make me happy.

Almost all of these are things I've had for a long time. I just continue to put them together or arrange them indifferent ways. There are no friends like old friends and these things are indeed old friends.

No comments: