Sunday, June 13, 2010

Painted and Dyed Fabric: How do I decide what to do with them?

One way I decide what to do with the fabrics I create is to play with them on my design wall.


Here are a group of fabrics pinned to the design wall.
This is not a design experiment as much as it is a chance to see how these fabrics play together and to get ideas which ones will work together.



This group includes some of the fabrics I created along with fabrics my granddaughter created.



I've continued to play with these fabrics and added more of those I created. I am liking what I have so far.



I have added a lot more fabrics to the grouping and the colors flow from left to right. I do not expect to use all of these together.
What I may do is leave them on the design wall for a period of time as I work on other things to see if they inspire me to use them and give me ideas on how to work with them in a cohesive piece.

I haven't forgot to provide a puzzle for all of you who are addicted to my puzzles.
Click to Mix and Solve

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the blue and green FPR fabrics in the first photo... the results of that technique never fail to catch my attention and make me stop and look more closely. :D