Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Bordering On A New Millennium - Part 2


The next decision was what fabric to use for the secondary points: NE, SE, SW and NW.
I chose another section from that same yard of fabric I used for the first points. They also have a seam down the middle and are a quieter print than the fabric used in the first 4 points.



I needed 8 identical points for the next round.
I chose the fabric that would eventually become the border for these 8 points. It had a fine gold line on one edge of the border print so I carefully used that at the edge of each point.



Thinking I had made all the points I made the sections with the purple print and the magenta leaf motif.
When I put this up on the wall something was wrong. It took me a while to figure out what I had done.
Stay tuned for the next installment of the quilt soap opera!

No comments: