Sunday, May 2, 2010

When You're Smiling


This morning we had a light breakfast on the lanai before Dan and Donna continued their trip north. I had a smile on my face too as I thought about the good times we shared and the moments we'll remember.

The day was a very low key relaxing day until it was time to pick up my friends for a Kentucky Derby party at Carlson's home.



Lee is making me a Mint Julep in this photo. He grows his own mint and times it just right so it is at the height of perfection on Derby Day. He uses Southern Comfort to make them. It was delicious.



We had a local horse, Jackson Bend running for the Roses. He placed 12th.

With over 155,000 in attendance I couldn't find my nephew and his wife as I watched the race, but they were there. I so wanted to see Rachel's hat. Hope she'll be posting some photos for me to see.



After the race we had a lovely meal Rose prepared. She is the hostess with the mostest!

Another lovely day in Paradise!

No comments: