Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Way We Were


This photo was taken at a Jinny Beyer Seminar at Hilton Head Island a while ago. We tried to date it but couldn't.
From left to right, Donna Wilder, Kay Sorensen, Pam Gray and Jean Wells. We had just finished the one mile beach run.
Patchwork sweats were the fashion statement we were making. I made mine and Jean made Donna's and her own.



Donna and I have not seen each other for quite a few years. She and her husband Dan are here visiting now.
They arrived last night and after a little catching up we headed to The Villages to have dinner. We sat outside and thoroughly enjoyed listening to the music from the square while we ate. We walked over to see the dancers and walked around a little.

We then headed back to my house. We all visited and they both enjoyed looking at my blog books.

After Dan turned in for the night Donna and I sat up and visited until 1 a.m. We had so much to talk about and catch up with. It's great when you can get together with friends you haven't seen in a long time and just pick up the conversation where you left off!

1 comment:

SewCalGal said...

Great post. But now I'm wondering about your quilted sweats. I hope you'll share insights on how you made these. All are lovely.

I've noticed that there are no longer, or minimal, quilted clothing items at shows. Have been thinking of making my own, so yours have certainly caught my attention and inquiring minds would like to know more on how you made them. Lovely.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com