Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A lovely ending to a perfect day in Paradise

Last night we had a "huge" thunder and lightning storm. We were expecting an overcast day today with possible rain.
We were pleasantly surprised with perfect temperatures and a breeze.

We had breakfast on the lanai and spent most of the day out there.

After breakfast the men played 18 holes of golf and the ladies just caught up on what has been going on in our lives.

A friend had brought me a newspaper article about a new restaurant that had opened quite near here. Thanks friend, we really enjoyed our visit.

Taverna Red describes it's fare as Mediterranean fusion.



This is the outside of the restaurant. Barely visible at the right is the outdoor covered dining area. It boasts a fireplace for chilly weather or just for atmosphere.



We are anticipating the food we each were just served before the waitress snapped our photo. We were not disappointed. I definitely will be returning to this restaurant often. I am on a quest for the best calamari in the area and while I didn't have it tonight, I will be back soon to sample it.

We came home, watched Dancing With The Stars and the the last half of 24.



I then received a message from my sister that my great niece Madison Richards will be appearing on C-span tomorrow morning between 6 and 9 a.m. CST. Here my friends are watching Madison's video on Sharon's new Cherry Red computer.
Madison (with 2 Friends) was the Grand Prize winner in the C-span video competition. Our family is all very proud of her. If you read this before the show airs you can tune in and watch her and her two friends. Last year they won first prize.

You can see Madison's video here:
http://studentcam.viddler.com/videos/watch.php?id=2e4be273

No comments: