Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Quilt turning on the studio bed - Final answer


Amish bricks is a replication of an Amish quilt. If you look closely you will see there are many variations of each color. It also has the appearance of a scrap quilt with so many different solid colors. There is color progression and contrast in this quilt. It is hand quilted.


This quilt was designed for a Mystery quilt weekend I offered. It is my adaptation of an antique quilt I saw somewhere. It is long and narrow like a hired man's quilt.


This started as an antique quilt top I purchased. I fell in love with it when I saw it. A friend who did some of the best hand quilting I have ever seen quilted it for me.


This is one of my early bed quilts. I had someone quilt it with a long arm machine.


This is actually a very large wall quilt I made for my husband's office. Since he retired it is either on this bed or hanging over the stairwell. It is a combination of commercial fabrics combined with the shaded hand dyed gray fabric. I dyed the fabric myself.

Since returning to Florida this year I have been doing a little more exploring of the area. Of course a "sunset kind of girl" has to turn down Sunset Harbor Road and then explored Timucuan Rd. I learned that the Timiucuans were Indians who were at one time native to this area. So to document my "exploration" this street sign is tonight's puzzle.
Click to Mix and Solve

2 comments:

antique quilter said...

nice to see some more of your quilts. great quitls.
love the hired man quilt, yes I have seen antique quilts like this too and the amish quilt , just beautiful
would love to see that up close
when you click on the picture it goes to a ? mark in a blue box....
wonder why?
thanks
Kathie

Eva said...

No 3 did deserve a hand quilting! I praised it before. Thank you for the whole show. What a treat!