Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Getting ready for the sibling get together


One of the first things I did today to get ready for our Christmas get together was to set the table.

I made sure I staked my claim on the chair I wanted to sit in.

When we were growing up there were a limited number of seating options in our living room. If we got up and wanted to sit there when we came back we had to say "I get to sit there when I come back." If you forgot to say it someone else was in your spot in less than a minute.

I put the finishing touches on the Christmas tree in the parlour.

I wrapped the gifts and put them under the tree.

I spiffed up the house and started cooking dinner.

Continued tomorrow!

I have a puzzle for your tonight with the tree and the chairs that would be occupied in a few hours.
Click to Mix and Solve

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea to have the party with no children....the table looks wonderful along with the trees....I think small is the way to go.

Karen

PS....if you ever want to get rid of that marble topped table....I know where it will fit in good....right next to my marble topped coffee table!!