Sunday, October 4, 2009

Moonlit Jacobean Garden


Moonlit Jacobean Garden 11"W x 13"H $350

This is the quilt I finished today. It was designed and assembled months ago. Today I quilted it and finished the edge.
I used a zigzag finish on the edge which is one of my favorite ways to finish the edge of a quilt.
It only works on fused or other firm quilts. Don't ask me how I know!
All the fabrics are either hand dyed or hand painted. I love the textures in some of these fabrics.
I back all of my small leftover pieces of hand dyes with a fusible and have them ready when the muse tells me "Kay, go design a quilt top!"

Like an Amish quilt this uses subtle colors and bright colors.

I hope you enjoy this puzzle.
Click to Mix and Solve

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooo I like this. I don't normally like anything as abstract as this, but with the various natural looking elements in it, this piece speaks to me. Love the colors too.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilt. I love the design and clolurs

Shari said...

I love the natural elements too - so much movement in it...

Eva said...

How good! Jacobean fiber art got a bit stuck, I believe; as a nostalgic art, it doesn't seem to develop any further, but you gave it the fresh push that it was waiting for.

Vicki W said...

Maybe I'm wrong but this looks really different from most of your quilts but I really like it!