Wednesday, September 16, 2009


This is another miniature done with the same triangle piecing you saw yesterday. There are so many ways you can arrange these blocks. I have chosen a palette for each quilt that makes them unified, but yet has a lot of variation. If you look closely you will see there are darks, kmediums, lights, clean colors and muted colors.

This pinwheel quilt is also done with the same blocks. The colors have changed but the block is still the same size and design.

When I was showing someone a group of my miniatures someone asked why I used black on most of them. One reason is I was using Amish quilts for inspiration.
Another reason is black will unify most any group of colors.

If you look closely you may also see I have used more than one black on this quilt. That is also something I learned from observing Amish quilts. It makes them more interesting, although I would guess the Amish may have done it because they were using fabrics they had.

Both of these quilts are hand quilted. If you enlarge them by clicking on them you should be able to see the quilting. I always try to quilt with a design that will enhance my work.

I've used the crazy cut for this puzzle. Hope you enjoy it.
Click to Mix and Solve

1 comment:

Eva said...

I'd like to see a picture of your piled-up stash of finished quilts. It might encourage me a little.