Saturday, September 26, 2009

Changing Places


In addition to making quilts I also use my color and design skills in some other mediums.
This is a pillow I made with my Embellisher machine.
When I start a project with the Embellisher I have no idea where I am heading. I just pick up something for a base. Then I start adding bits and pieces of fabrics. Nothing is off limits when I use my Embellisher. It needle felts the layers together.
It looks like a sewing machine but you do NOT use thread.


This is a closeup of the design panel on the pillow. I used a lot of what I call cheapy sleazy slippery fabrics. I also used wisps of wool roving to blend things together an also to accent the design.

I finished this with a polymer clay bead I had made and some vintage beads. The beads were sewn on by hand. The only time I sew something on my hand is if there is no way it can be done on the sewing machine!
I rally enjoy this carefree way of creating art.
I have given you a realatively easy puzzle cut tonight.
Click to Mix and Solve

3 comments:

Deb Hardman said...

Wow, I'd never tried the puzzles before. I didn't realize what they were about! It was fun! Thanks.

I like working that same way with the Embellisher. It's a fun stress reducing exercise, to just play & not think too hard. Your pillow is lovely.

Vicki W said...

I love what the embellisher can do and I am so glad I don't' have room for one! Love the pillow!

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

This is gorgeous! Love the colors and the button and beads. I got an embellisher last Christmas and enjoy the freedom of creating with fiber with no plan in mind.