Saturday, September 12, 2009

Another Color Family

After taking Carol Soderlund's Dyeing I class several of us decided to each dye a color family and trade squares with each other.
I am now working on pasting up these families.

This is the color family I finished pasting up tonight.
There are several pure reds, yellows and blues that can be combined to produce a color famiy and each combination gives you slightly different colors. It is really an exciting process.

I continue to marvel at the colors as I paste up each family. Such delicious discoveries.

For anyone who is seduced by color I can't recommend Carol's classes enough. In addition to quilters people who weave and knit also love her classes. There are also those who just love to dye the fabrics - who may or may not make anything with them.
What an exciting passion to have.

2 comments:

Juanita Yeager said...

My color bible was one of the first things I packed. Just looking at the color samples makes my fingers itch. I so want to get back to working. Did you find the color class 11 with carol worth it after having taken clas one. I have been comtemplating taking it but it seems to be scheduled either at Nancy's place which I prefer or at Prochem at time when I have something else scheduled. If you think class 2 is a must do I will try harder to fit it in.
Juanita

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

Carol's Dyeing 2 class is just as useful and exciting as Dyeing 1.
She shares so much and we learned more about how to use what we learned in Dyeing 1.
I highy recommend it to anyone who has taken Dyeing 1.

For that matter, I highly recommend ALL of Carol's Dyeing classes. I've taken 4 of them and I believe she has 2 I haven't taken YET!