Monday, March 9, 2009

The view is changing - June series is back


June 12 is the smallest quilt in the June series but it is a powerful quilt. Originally it was longer. When I showed it to some of my friends Kay W said the top was strong and the bottom weak and she thought I should remove the bottom.
She was defintely right.


This is what the quilt looked like before I removed the bottom and trimmed it.



June 13 reminds me of fireworks. The red, white and blue section with the blue background was from a Jan Myers-Newbury class years ago. The red and white shibori piece was done later. The black border section is a discharge and dyed piece from Carol Soderlund's class. In my opinion compositions work better when there is variety in the fabrics, but unity among them.

This variation of June 12 is tonight's puzzle. I'm sure some of you will set your personal best records as I selected one of my favorite easy cuts tonight.
Click to Mix and Solve

2 comments:

Eva said...

June 12: Wow.

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

That is so interesting seeing the before and after. It definitely is stronger with the bottom off.
Beautiful piece Kay.
The Shibori piece is almost an optical illusion of sorts. I love it.