Friday, March 6, 2009

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!


Today the azaleas are at their peak, the temperature is in the 70's and the sun is shining. What more could a girl ask for?

If you look at our house you can't tell if it is in Las Vegas, Florida or many other places. It's a generic house built over and over and over across the country.

Being the artistic individual I am I needed to do something to personalize it. I added the gazing balls, the wreath and the Seldom Inn sign. The azaleas were there when we moved in as they are in front of almost every one of the over 3000 houses in our development.
This year they are the fullest and most lucious they have been in our 5 years living here. This is one time I don't want rain and the wind that comes with it because I'd love to enjoy them a little longer.

The color is perfect for my decorating scheme which starts as you walk up the sidewalk and before you enter the house itself.

When I retired the previous wreath from the front door I decided I'd put something together with a Christmas wreath I had. I added the hydrangeas and the blue eucalyptus to make it work with the rest of the outdoor decor.

What you don't see on these photos is the other side of the walkway with it's shrubs and poinsettias. This group of poinsettias weren't affected by the hard frosts we had a little over a month ago so they are tonight's puzzle.

Click to Mix and Solve

2 comments:

Gari in AL said...

You grow the Poinsettias? Do they get the colored leaves and/or bloom? How beautiful.

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

It looks beautiful! And warm!