Sunday, March 1, 2009

Did you miss me? I missed you!

That's what I used to say to my grandchildren when I traveled.
Sometimes their answer was "We didn't even know you were gone" or "Yes, we missed you" or "Did you bring us something?"
I know some of you know where I was because you were there too!
I was in Texas at a reception for Virginia Spiegel and Carol Moore, artists in residence for February at Karey Bresenhan's Franch, or the Great Expectations Creativity Center.
It was a great reception where I was able to see friends, meet new people and meet cyber friends in person. You'll be hearing more about it and seeing some more of the 160 photos I took.

This is the front of the Texas Size postcard I made for Karey. Fiber Art for a Cause started with regular size postcards that were sold on line to raise money for the American Cancer Society. This project was started by Virginia Spiegel. Karey was the Honorary Chairperson but she has done so much more than an "honorary" chairperson. You can click on the photos to see a larger view of each of them.

In an email exchange with Karey she mentioned Lyle Lovitt's song "That's Right - Texas Wants You Anyway". That gave me the idea to include titles of Texas songs on the background of the card. My 3000 best friends on Quilt Art helped with suggestions of their favorite Texas songs.


Here is the back of the post card. It is about 8 x 12 inches. To date over $165,000 has been raised for the American Cancer Society through Fiberart for a Cause. Before it concludes in 2009 the goal is to have raised $200,000. I am sure we will make that happen.
I have included a link to the project so you can see what see the 2 final fund raisers and acquire some great affordable art by some very accomplished artists while supporting a cause that has probably touched the lives of all of you.
http://www.virginiaspiegel.com/NewFiles/ACSFundraiser.html

Of course tonight's puzzle has to be TEXAS! I'm using MY favorite cut, but I also found several other people this weekend who said it was there favorite cut so for all of you here is the puzzle.
Click to Mix and Solve

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Yes I missed you! I bet you had fun with all of your friends and acquaintences.

Judi said...

Yes, I also missed you but I know you had a great time. I enjoyed your new puzzle.

Anonymous said...

Kay - Great to see you in Texas. Love Karey's postcard! Thank you for mentioning Fiberart For A Cause and our fundraising events for the American Cancer Society! Virginia

Linda Teddlie Minton said...

Kay, I didn't miss you ... because I got to meet you at the Franch! And I absolutely love your Texas postcard for Karey ... wish I had seen it in person. I know she must have been just thrilled with it.