Sunday, March 29, 2009

By the time you read this post Quilts: Another Dimension will be quilt history

The show was well attended and had many visitors throughout it's run. The people never stopped coming. So many people came back several times. I talked to Candace and she said it was one of the best attended shows they've every had.

Colors Of My Life 18 is the largest quilt in the series. It measures 49 inches square. I spent a lot of time and footwork collecting the soft yellows and peaches for this quilt. At the time I made it these were not popular colors. I started with a diagram outlining the elements of the quilt and followed it exactly. The challenge was shading the fabrics and trying to use a great variety of different fabrics to get the gentle shading for the background. I also had to work to get the dimension of the interwoven ribbons as they crossed over and under each other and the large X. I can not over emphasize the importance of havaing a varied and complete color palette in your fabric collection.

There is only one quilt you haven't seen yet and that is The Colors of My Life 20: The Grande Finale. Stay tuned as it will be appearing soon.

Last night I didn't post a puzzle. Sally Field suggested I post a puzzle with yesterday's photo so I have done that. If you scroll down to yesterday's post you'll have a second puzzle to do tonight.

Colors Of My Life 18 is tonight's puzzle and I've used my favorite cut: lizards.
Click to Mix and Solve

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

Congratulations on the very successful exhibit!