Saturday, February 7, 2009

Tonight I have a guest blogger for the beginning of my post.

My 16 year old granddaughter is a very talented writer. The above is a page from her book "Big house in the suburbs".
It is being shared with her permission.
From time to time I may be able to share other images from one of her books.

Today was a busy day visiting my show for one last time before I head south, hanging quilts in my studio, and doing all the things on our household punch list. It's a good feeling to be able to get everything finished from that list.


When we got to the show today my friend Ellen was there. She wasn't able to join us after our lunch Tuesday so I was happy to see her. Ellen and I have known each other since our freshman year in college when we lived in the same wing of the dorm. We taught together at the technical college. She was my mom's sewing teacher and my mom and dad took a foods class from her. She also took a lot of my quilting classes.



My brother in law Clay returned to the show today to take some photos for me with his camera. His camera is better than mine and he does a great job. Here is a photo of The Colors of My Life 19. The lighting and placement of this quilt made it one of the harder ones to photograph. This quilt is a tesselation. This is probably not apparent at first glance. If you study it you may find the shape of the tesselated unit. Here's a hint: the tesselated unit is big, is an unusual shape and is not all one color.

Tonight's puzzle is a stretched out version of the quilt I designed and taught called The Office Quilt - perfect for a small office or cubicle but also equally suitable for a home.
Click to Mix and Solve

No comments: