Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I'm back with more quilts from the June series



This is June 1. You may have seen it as a background in a people photo or puzzle on my blog but I want to share all the quilts as an individual photo with you - eventually.
This quilt is made entirely of fabrics I dyed, much of it shibori dyed.


June 2 is made entirely from shibori dyed fabric I created.

For those of you going through withdrawal because I haven't posted a puzzle for several days I have one for you tonight.
This quilt is called Follow The Purple Brick Road. It is done with a gradation of hand dyed fabric and a background of fabric I dye painted and embellished with a purple and silver pen.
Click to Mix and Solve

Stay tuned in. I'll be posting more show quilts soon!

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love the shibori dyed fabric and the quilts you made from it.

Gari in AL said...

Thank you for the sandwich email: lofe seems to be full of funny stories, isn't it? I love your hand dyes and the heart quilt is great, not too mushy. The Valentine dress is "funny" as it probably was quite stylish "back in the day". It is too early in the day for puzzles but I am going to come back to it later. Thanks

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

I love these quilts. I am going to have to try my hand at dying this summer when I can do it outside since there just is no space indoors to risk dying. How beautiful are these gems.

By the way it is windy and freezing here in Wisconsin again!