Monday, January 5, 2009

Mission accomplished!


Here are the quilts rolled and stacked ready to be taken to the Anderson Arts Center this morning.
There are 56 quilts here. I had them laid flat until this morning when I loosely rolled and tied them in 4 rolls. I was fortunate to have great weather so I did not have to cover them.


These are the larger framed pieces for the gift shop. I put the final touches on these yesterday, including framing most of them.


Here are a group of smaller framed pieces. I would love to see them purchased by one person and hung together in a group. They are very affordable at $35 each.

I made one stop on the way home. I was exhausted. I spent the day today just relaxing, watching some recorded TV shows and taking a long nap.

Tomorrow I'll get the house back in shape and do some of the things that I've been putting off while I get ready for the show.

Tonight's puzzle is a section of the quilt Winter Garden which you saw yesterday, also in the gift shop.
Click to Mix and Solve

3 comments:

Finishing Lines by K.Sperino said...

Congratulations on your show! Thanks for your help on the silk ribbon dying. The silk ribbon I used was already cut on the roll... I bought it ages ago for something else and never used it. The edges fray so easily. I think I will find a use for it-taking adavantage of the frayed edges. :) I will try your suggestion of dying silk first and cutting into strips. Thanks- and good luck with the show!

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

How you found time to put all this on your blog is amazing. Congratulations on the show! I am going to try to get down there but we are so busy with scheduled things here I may not make. Hope you will be able to share some photos of your quilts on here.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Beautiful quilts Kay and yes the grouping of the 4 are wonderful. I love how you framed them - you give me so many ideas although I am not an artist like you I have done a few small "art" quilts but I do not have the talent that you do for "painting" with fabric.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/