Saturday, January 24, 2009

If I don't hurry I'll miss my plane!!!!!!!!!



In the past this would have been the day I left for the Jinny Beyer Seminar. This is Jinny's 29th and last year for her Quilting Seminar on Hilton Head Island. I always came early and spent the time shopping, enjoying some great restaurants, socializing and even quilting before the seminar began officially on Wednesday.
This year she is starting the elective classes on Monday.

I really feel bad missing the last one and reconnecting with long time friends. The reason I won't be there is because of my solo show that opens tomorrow at Anderson Arts Center in Kenosha, WI. I'll be having company and revisit the show several times before I leave for Florida in February.

If you are at the seminar and you read my blog please let me know.

I will be posting during the seminar with memories and photos from the over 20 years I was a participant.

One year I almost did miss my plane. Just as I was about to leave for the airport my dishwasher started to smoke and there was a burning smell. We turned it off, shut off the circuit breaker and prayed the house wouldn't start on fire while my husband took me to the airport.

He said he'd come right back and check it - which meant about an hour and a half until he'd be back. Thankfully nothing happened while he was gone. The dishwasher was old and not worth putting any money into it. So for months I washed dishes by hand and when there were a lot I asked for his help.

After over 6 months of this he decided it was time to remodel the kitchen. This was something we had intended to do when he retired in 2 years as he could do the work.
It just made sense to do it then. I think he preferred building rather than washing dishes. I do have a wonderful kitchen with great cupboards, granite counter tops and new at the time appliances.

Watch for my regular post later this evening.

No comments: