Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My fall colors are inside!

Our yard doesn't have a lot of trees and bushes that change color. So if I want to see color I look inside!


This is the quilt I made for our master bedroom. It is 118 inches square.


When Quilter's Newsletter (March 1994) came to photograph our house it was featured on the bed but it wasn't obvious in their photo it wasn't quilted yet.


I finally finished it on September 16, 2005 for my husband's birthday.

He was so busy he didn't even notice it until I pointed it out.



To make this quilt I started with the colors in this rug that set the color scheme for our addition. I then added enough others colors so that I could change my decorating scheme and still use the quilt.
Although it is the perfect quilt now that it is fall it is the perfect quilt for this room all year long.

6 comments:

Norma Schlager said...

The colors are yummy! It makes the whole room sing.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is a beautiful quilt!! And to think you could have left it unfinished and hubby wouldn't have noticed (or maybe he noticed the unfinished, they always see what we haven't done,not what we have done, LOL).

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful quilt, I LOVE the colours.

Eileen said...

Wow, oh Wow!!! That is absolutely beyond words.

Karen said...

Love the quilt on your bed. So colourful.

Nann said...

I've been going through a stack of QNMs (duplicate copies) and found the 3/94 article about you. I thought I'd see if I could find you online, and obviously I did. I just looked to see if I could tell that the quilt was unfinished--only because you pointed it out! Your studio is wonderful, but I'll bet that 15 years after the photo shoot it's got a lot more in it.